Majjiga Charu / Buttermilk Rasam is one of the popular Andhra dish. Preparation time is just 5 minutes not more than that. You can try this when you are really tired and want to prepare some thing quickly. Taste wise it is heaven.
Curd - 1 cup
Salt - 1 or 1/2 spoon
Rasam powder - 1 spoon
chilly powder- 1/2 spoon
Pepper powder - 1/4 spoon
For seasoning :
Curry leaves - 5 to 6
Red Chilies - 2
Jeera - 1/2 spoon
Mustard seeds - 1/4 spoon
Green chilies - 2
Hing - A generous pinch
oil - 1 spoon
1. Take curd and make butter milk by adding 1 & 1/2 cup of water.
2.Take a pan add one spoon of oil when it became hot add things under for seasoning.
3. When you heard spluttering noise add all other ingredients except buttermilk. Mix all ingredients and off the stove
4. Add above mixture to butter milk.
5. Mix properly and here is your yummy Buttermilk Rasam is ready.
1. Don't boil buttermilk. You won't get perfect taste and also it will form curdles.